Body piercing is always a center of attraction for various people all over the world. Like nose and ear piercing, lip piercing is also very popular and there are numerous variations in lip piercing. One of the renowned lip piercing is Dolphin Bites Piercing. This can be a great piercing idea for you if you are looking for minimalistic lip piercing.
The bottom lip provides plenty of options for amazing piercing styles. Whether you want double, single, or quadruple piercings, your lips can handle it easily. Dolphin Bites Piercing is one of those lip piercings which gives you a very cute and stylish look. So, in this post, we are going to discuss this piercing and all the important things that you must know about it.
What is a Dolphin Bites Piercing?
Dolphin bites piercing is a double perforation at the lower lip. Under the lip, two labrets are located close to each other.
This piercing looks similar to snake bites, but they are more centered and can be placed at a different distance from the lower lip to the chin.
This piercing is meant to copy the look of the narrow mouth of a dolphin and look like how one may imagine a dolphin bite would emerge.
Pros and Cons of Dolphin Bites Piercing
Before going for this piercing, you must know its pros and cons. These are given below:
- People who like to visually elongate their bottom lip then they must go for Dolphin bite piercing.
- If your face is round in shape then it will suit you and your face will have an elongated appearance.
- You have various options for jewelry and can play with the placement.
- If it is pierced nearer to the lip tissue, you can try to insert tiny rings, which would hang around your lip very well.
- This piercing may not be a good fit for everyone. If the bottom lip of anyone is too thin or has a little space between the lip and the chin then this piercing will not look good at all. So, you must take advice from piercer or else choose other types of lip piercing.
- It involves two perforations; so it can be very painful.
- This piercing can make your lower lip swollen and bit sore.
- If someone is allergic to jewelry metals, then this piercing is not for them.
It is recommended that for the piercing you should always go to a professional and experienced piercer. Before piercing the area, all the instruments, as well as lip, will be properly sterilized by the piercer master for avoiding any sort of infections.
Then, by using a surgical pen he will mark the piercing placement symmetrically. After this, he will clamp your bottom lip and by using the hollow needle he will perforate it quickly. It’s up to you that you want both holes on the same day to one after a few days.
Your decision may depend on the recommendation given by piercer, based on your overall health condition as well as an estimated body reaction to a perforation. Apart from this, after your lip is pierced, the initial labret is inserted.
How Much Does Dolphin Bites Piercing Cost?
As you are getting two piercings, so this type of piercing will likely cost more than other single piercing types. Generally, you can expect to pay anywhere approximately $50 – $100. The price of Dolphin Bites Piercing also depends on the experience of the piercer and also an area where the studio is located.
Visit the piercing studio beforehand to make certain that it looks clean. Never agree to get pierced with a piercing gun. The overall piercing price will also include the cost of jewelry you choose for this piercing. If you will choose high-quality jewelry then the price will go higher. For your initial jewelry, select 14k or 18k gold or quality titanium.
- Moreover, in the United Kingdom, the price would be £45 to £90.
- In the United States, the price for this piercing is $50 – $80.
- In Europe, you would this piercing for €40 to €100.
How Much Does Dolphin Bites Piercing Hurt?
In general, all kinds of lip piercings tend to be a little more sensitive due to a large number of nerve endings in this place, but most of the pain comes with the throbbing and swelling afterward. Bottom lips swell more as compared to the other areas and this can lead to great uneasiness during the first few days of healing. On the pain scale, Dolphin Bites Piercing pain is usually measured as average, reaching only 5 points out of 10.
As the perforations in this piercing are so close together, you can see more swelling than in double lip piercings that are further apart. Selecting an experienced piercer will help ease your piercing experience; they will be able to perform the procedure expertly, and will also guide you through the process for an easier time. However, the pain also varies from person to person and how much they can tolerate.
Dolphin Bites Piercing Healing And After Care
The healing time of dolphin bites is generally between 6 and 8 weeks. In various cases, it may take up to 6 months for the inner side to heal totally, if nothing has gone wrong. So, below we are giving you some aftercare rules which you should follow properly to heal piercing fast and to avoid any complications.
- For the first two weeks rinse your mouth with a mouthwash such as Listerine or cepacol twice a day.
- After eating and smoking use a saline solution for rinsing the mouth. For making the solution to a cup of warm boiled water add 1/4 of a teaspoon of salt to a cup.
- Purchase a new soft bristle toothbrush as your old one will be full of bacteria.
- By soaking a cotton wool ball in saltwater, clean the front of the piercing. You should leave it on the piercing for 2 to 3 minutes for dissolving the crusting in the morning.
- After cleaning, dry the piercing by using paper towels.
- Before touching the piercing wash your hands properly.
- Eat ice cream, frozen yogurt, cold foods, or suck on chipped or crushed ice. Eating cold things will help in alleviating pain, heal the piercing and reduce swelling too.
- You can also use B-vitamins with a zinc supplement as these will heal the piercing fast.
Tips To Keep In Mind While Healing
You have just gotten Dolphin Bites Piercing then you should take care of it. We are giving you some tips which you should keep in mind while healing periods of this piercing. These are as follows:
- Avoid smoking. Smoke is drying and has a systemic effect that slows down the ability to heal. If you are a regular smoker, then you can use e-cigarette as this generates water vapor instead of smoke.
- You should not twist, turn or slide your jewelry to loosen the crust.
- Do not apply oils, creams, ointments, or balms to your lip piercing if you are worried you’re getting an infection.
- For at least the first 2 weeks, don’t put anything dirty in your mouth like pens, fingernails and other things.
- During the healing period, don’t try to remove or replace the jewelry.
Dolphin Bites Piercing Risks
There are many risks involved in Dolphin Bites Piercing. These are given below:
- There can be a discharge of lymph from a healing fistula.
- Sometimes, the lip after piercing can be swollen excessively. You can visit the doctor or pierce master to avoid any further serious complications.
- There can be an infection which includes occasionally fever, discharge of thick, yellowish pus and red streaks radiating from your lip piercing.
- Red bumps can be developed around the piercing area that may appear fluid-filled.
- There can also a risk of lip piercing scars such as hypertrophic scars and atrophic scars.
Dolphin Bites Piercing Images
No doubt, Dolphin Bites Piercing gives a chic look. You should look for high-quality metal jewelry because cheaper metals contain alloys that can irritate the skin, even if you’ve never had issues with metal before. In this piercing, you will possibly be pierced with a 16G needle.
Typically, lip jewelry styles feature a 5/16” barbell, but this can differ depending on your preference and lip anatomy. With a flat back, labret studs are the most popular jewelry types for this piercing. You can also choose hoop style jewelry as per your desire.
Besides, if you can’t stick to proper aftercare practices, then you should not go for this piercing. As there are high chances of getting infections, so you must follow all the aftercare rules mentioned above in the post seriously.
So, we hope that you have a lot of details regarding Dolphin Bites Piercing from this guide. But still, if you are having some doubts or have any questions then you can ask us by leaving your comments in the comment box below.