Among men and women of many countries body piercings is an age-old trend. Nose piercings were common for many centuries and women have had the sense of beautifying themselves with jewelry pieces and ornaments. Are you thinking to get any type of nose piercing? If yes, then you can go for Rhino Piercing.
Nowadays, the practice of this piercing and wearing trendy nose jewelry has become a style statement. If you want to be in style by flaunting some cool nose accessories, then you can go for Rhino Piercing.
If you have done piercings before, then you may know how much it hurts. But every type of piercing has a different pain level and also depends on the location where you want it.
In this ultimate guide, we will let you know what you can expect from your Rhino Piercing as it heals, how much it hurt, what are its pros and cons, aftercare rules, costs, risks involved and many more.
What is a Rhino Piercing?
Rhino Piercing is also called as Vertical Nose Tip Piercing. This piercing starts directly above the top of the nose and ends in a straight line under the nose. This piercing gives a cute look and uses the curved barbell. In this piercing, at the tip of the nose, one end out of the barbell is showing vertically and the other end of it is showing underside or bottom of the nose. The name ‘rhino’ comes from the resemblance of piercing (mainly when tipped with a point) to the nose of a rhinoceros.
Pros And Cons Of Rhino Piercing
Rhino piercing is one of the popular nose piercing. Some people think that it a less painful piercing and some think that it hurts a lot. So, before you decide to have this piercing, we are giving you the pros and cons which you may consider.
- This piercing can be a great way to express yourself. It provides fun as well as a unique way to display your personality.
- If you are looking to change up your look then this piercing can be a good way to do that without a lifetime obligation like tattoos.
- Rhino piercing is always in style and that’s most of the people prefer it.
- The piercing and healing process is quick as compared to some other types of piercings.
- If you will not care properly then it can lead to infection thereby causing scarring, swelling, and many other complications.
- In case the piercer does not place the piercing cautiously, then it can accidentally be pushed through a nerve, which is extremely painful and dangerous.
- It can cause soreness or allergy, if you are allergic to any metal. So, wear jewelry of that metal which suits you such as gold, silver or any other.
- There can be a strange bump on a nose, mainly around the area which is pierced.
There are two methods in which the rhino piercing is performed. First is piercing through the end of the nose from underneath the tip and emerging through the top. This is performed with a standard piercing needle and is usually worn with a small curved barbell around the size of an eyebrow ring.
The second method of piercing is noticeably trickier. It mainly involves the stretching of an existing septum piercing, which is then pierced through the healed fistula from within and out at the top of the nose tip.
The method of Rhino piercing, although it gives a very alike look, is sometimes referred to as an inverted or ‘high septril’ or ‘reversed septril’ because of the methodology.
How Much Does Rhino Piercing Cost?
The cost of rhino piercing varies from place to place or location. Cities having a high cost of living will consequently have higher prices for the piercing. It also depends on the piercing studio that how much they charge for it. In various places, experienced piercers charge more as compared to the piercers having less experience. Generally, this piercing costs about $40 to $90. In addition to this, there is a wide array of jewelry to choose from and accordingly, the price may go higher or lesser.
How Much Does Rhino Piercing Hurt?
People who have a low tolerance to pain should not opt for this piercing. The pain mainly varies from person to person but on the pain scale, it is about 6 out of 10.
In this piercing, the needle passes through the tip and under the nose, so for some people, it can be hurtful. The pain also depends on the pierce master, that how he performs it.
He should not be in a hurry while performing piercing and have prior good experience so that the procedure can be carried out in a good way. It is normal that during the initial piercing it can bleed, but you should not worry.
In many cases, swelling, soreness can be there but you should be careful while blowing your nose so that it doesn’t hurt your piercing. On the other hand, if you follow aftercare rules then if you will less pain and the piercing will heal fast.
Rhino Piercing Healing And After Care
For rhino piercing, it takes 6 to 9 months to heal. You should know the proper way to take care of your new piercing while it heals. Here, we are giving you aftercare rules that you must follow after getting this piercing done.
- You can use tea tree oil. Mix two to three drops of this oil into the sea salt solution, for natural moisturizer and as well as an antiseptic solution.
- Use high-quality aftercare sprays which work brilliantly on all skin type including sensitive skin.
- For cleaning the piercing area use a cotton swab soaked in a saline solution. It is recommended that every day while taking a shower you should clean the wound.
- You can take supplements that are rich in zinc and vitamin B as they help in relieving the pain and at the same time heal the wound faster.
- Maintain proper hygiene by changing bed and pillow covers regularly.
- Use hygienic paper product if you want to dry the piercing area after a shower.
- You should make certain that the puncture area on the nose is healed completely before changing your jewelry.
Tips To Keep In Mind While Healing
The healing time for this piercing varies from person to person as each person has a different healing time. We are giving you some tips to keep in mind while healing of rhino piercing.
- Wear protective gloves or wash your hands by using hand wash before touching the piercing.
- Do not play or turn the jewelry piercing.
- Do not use ointments, creams, oils (except tree tea oil) or balms on the piercing. This can block the piercing hole, which causes infection because of the trapped bacteria.
- When around the jewelry piercing crusts build-up, then do not turn or move the jewelry to break it. Use sea salt solution and cotton balls for wiping the crusts away.
- Makeup and other cosmetic products often harbor bacteria or irritating chemicals. So, keep them all away from the nose piercing area.
- For washing the piercing area, soaps are not recommended at all.
- Do not rub your face using a towel, as this can cause pain or catch on your jewelry. As an option, gently dab your face and wherever possible, allow the area to dry on its own.
Rhino Piercing Risks
Various risks involved with this piercing are as follows:
- If the piercing needle would not be properly sterilized then it can cause severe diseases like hepatitis and even HIV AIDS.
- There is a higher risk of getting scar if piercing jewelry stretch accidentally.
- Sometimes there can be continuing discharge of yellow fluid due to infection.
- If you are allergic to nickel metal, then it can cause an allergic reaction.
Rhino Piercing Images
Depending on the choice of an individual, the piercing on any part of the nose can be done. But rhino piercing is very unique and enhances the look also.
Most people use a bent barbell as a curved barbell or banana barbell for this piercing. It does not exert pressure on the fistula of the nose as well as reduces the risk for rejection.
If you are going to buy a bent barbell for your piercing then you should look at the eyebrow rings because it has the right shape.
The type of jewelry piercing depends on your personal preference. You must ensure that you know the appropriate diameter, gauge, and length you need before you leave the shop. So, if you are seriously thinking about getting the rhino piercing you should follow all the aftercare rules mentioned above in the post.
We hope that this guide will surely help you in deciding on getting rhino piercing. If you have some suggestions or any queries then you can ask us by commenting on the comment box. We will answer back as soon as possible. Thank you!