Various people want to enhance their look by body piercing. As ear and nose piercing is very popular, but nowadays people also go for lip piercing and facial piercing. If you want some unique piercing that will draw the attention of people to you then you can go for Spider Bite Piercing.
BCR (Ball closure rings), labret studs and circular barbells are the most general types of jewelry that are used for this piercing. Earlier, this piercing was more renowned among the guys, but lately, spider bites piercing on girls has gained a lot of esteem as well. Thus, are you thinking of getting this piercing but don’t know much about it? If yes, then go through the following guide to know about this piercing.
What is a Spider Bite Piercing?
A spider bite piercing is also referred to as a double lip piercing. As the name suggests, this piercing is characterised by two piercings. This is a specialised lip piercing that is drawn up based on a design that would be produced if there was a spider bite on the surface of the skin.
It is done on the bottom of the lower lip, and in many cases, on the lip itself and is mainly characterised by two piercings that are placed close together, with less than an inch gap in amid them. People generally prefer the lower lip for this piercing.
Also, in place of wearing rings in the piercings, people prefer using studs for convenience and a better look of a spider bite. The jewelry used in piercing the lip is called as ‘labret’ primarily because it is being attached to the lip or the ‘labrum.’
Pros and Cons of Spider Bite Piercing
If you are deciding to get spider bite piercing for yourself, then you must know its pros and cons. These are as follows:
- This is regarded as being a new trend that represents independence, and self-expression.
- This facial piercing is seen to draw out whacky designs and various colors that girls use to make a style statement of their own.
- This gives a sexy look and makes you stand out of the crowd.
- One of the advantages of getting this sort of piercing is that they heal considerably faster than any other type of piercings.
- If this piercing hit blood vessel during the process, it can lead to a visit to the doctor and large blood vessels if wounded, in particular, are hard to heal.
- If you will not carry out proper sanitary procedures once it has been pierced, then it can lead to various infections, which in itself can lead to blood poisoning and scarring.
- Sometimes, you may also feel difficulty and chewing and eating.
For Spider Bite Piercing first, you must search for a professional piercer, who has prior experience in this type of piercing. However, the procedure starts by sterilising the area of the piercing.
Then, the piercer master will mark the points where the needle is going to enter and exit by using a surgical marker. After this, from the outside, using a sterilised needle to the inside makes the perforation; it can be the other way round also depending on the preference of the client and the expertise of the piercer.
The same method is done on the other side, as the double piercing is done in Spider Bite Piercing. Besides, Jewelry is also threaded to the needle so that as soon as the hole is made, it can be well settled in the piercing.
How Much Does Spider Bite Piercing Cost?
As compared to other lip piercing, a Spider Bite Piercing is more expensive. Generally, it costs between $80 and $120 including jewelry and piercing fee. The prices of piercing studios vary from place to place and you should find a piercer that you trust to do the job right. It is very vital to shop around and select the best shop, not the cheapest rate. Some studios offer aftercare and you may be charged for the same as well. Even if you trust your piercer master, take a close look at the marks the piercer makes ahead of performing the piercing.
How Much Does Spider Bite Piercing Hurt?
Spider Bite Piercing consists of two separate punctures; more pain is inherently linked with this piercing as you will have to undergo the needle two times. Though, the skin under the lip is usually less sensitive than the skin on the lips themselves, so the individual piercings will hurt not as much of than other lip piercing types, like vertical labret piercings. For a few seconds, you will feel a sharp pinching sensation. In the past, if you have survived immunisations then this would not be any problem for you.
Many people who have gone for this piercing claim that after they were pierced there’s more discomfort during the first days. The lips tend to swell more as compared to other commonly pierced areas, which leads to some pain and soreness as two piercings are healing on either side of the bottom lip. This piercing often sees more swelling, impeding speech and making it difficult to eat. So, if you are going for this piercing, then don’t stress too much. If you will divert yourself instead of thinking about what’s happening, then it will hurt you less.
Spider Bite Piercing Healing And After Care
Dealing with a new piercing, means that you should be vigilant in your aftercare practices. As there are two piercings in Spider Bite Piercing, so if one piercing becomes infected, the infection might potentially spread to the other piercing, particularly if you can’t refrain from touching the new jewelry. Here are we are giving you some important aftercare tips which you must follow:
- During the early healing stages, you must eat soft food. Eat food that is easy to chew so that you don’t by chance bite on your jewelry or your lip, causing painful damage.
- Always clean the piercing lightly by using a cotton ball soaked in warm saltwater.
- After ingesting, use warm saline water for rinsing the mouth.
- While bathing, wash the pierced spot with a mild soap.
- For drying the pierced area, use the proper clean paper products.
- Brush the teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush as well as mild toothpaste.
- Use high-quality aftercare mouthwash and aftercare spray.
- Do not use public pools, lakes, and baths for sometime after the piercing.
Tips to Keep In Mind While Healing
Spider Bite Piercing will take about 2 to 4 months to heal completely. For a good recovery, a healthy lifestyle including good sleep and a nutritious diet is very important. As it is both an external and oral piercing, you will need to keep some things in mind while healing. These are as follows:
- Leave the jewelry alone because moving the jewelry causes trauma to the healing skin, which could lead to piercing rejection.
- Don’t touch the piercing without washing the hands with hand wash.
- Do not change the piercing unless it heals.
- Do not drink alcohol or smoke as this will inflame the wound and can cause more pain.
- Avoid exposing the piercing to any beauty product such as lipstick or antibacterial ointments.
- Avoid the consumption of hot and spicy food.
Spider Bite Piercing Risks
Like any other piercings, this piercing might have various complications or risks in some cases. Badly done piercing can cause many serious side effects which might be short-term or long-term. Spider Bite Piercing risks are as follows:
- It pushes the jewelry more from the skin for reducing contact. In such cases, the jewelry falls out, ultimately leaving a scar in its place.
- The complications also include infections and swelling.
- In various cases, the incompatibility of the jewelry material can also lead to teeth damage or gum erosion due to friction.
- Sometimes, the swelling might also result in the secretion of yellow-colored pus during the later stages.
- Redness and inflammation due to the pus formed over the pierced parts.
- Rejection can be seen after this piercing, as the skin rejects the jewelry if the material does not suit it well.
- The risk of migration is also there; an injury to the pierced area pushes it away from its actual place and moves the jewelry along with it.
Spider Bites Piercing Images
Before getting this piercing you must do proper research. Always select an experienced piercer as this piercing has to be handled very delicately with a lot of care. Even a little bit of carelessness can cause you great complexity and pain.
You should follow all the aftercare properly to avoid any complications. Obviously it will hurt because it is, after all, a wound in your body. We hope that you will surely follow the rules and tips given above in the post regarding Spider Bite Piercing. Consider all the options before you decide to go in and make certain that you consult your piercing master before taking any step.