Facial piercing or lip piercings are those piercings that have gained high popularity in a very short time. All these piercings enhance the look as well as considered as a style statement. There are various types of facial and lips piercing that are preferred by people all over the world. Angel Bite Piercing is one of them.
In this post, we are going to give you all the details regarding Angel Bite Piercing. Angel Bites are a combination of the famous Monroe and Madonna piercings. This is a unique and edgy, yet fascinating piercing. Yes, it is a painful piercing but no doubt when you will get it you will surely love it.
What is an Angel Bite Piercing?
Angel bite piercing is a double perforation on the philtrum or top of the upper lip. To create a symmetrical look, the perforations are positioned accurately. It is also known as crayfish piercing, anti-bite, and double Madonna piercing. The name anti-bite was taken from the fact that angel bites are contradictory to snakes bites, which are located on the lower lip.
The left side piercing is known as Monroe piercing, and the right side piercing is called Madonna piercing. Besides, for a more striking look perforation is done on both sides of the upper lip and can be well complemented with other piercings also.
Pros and Cons of Angel Bites Piercing
Angel Bites Piercing is one of the popular facial piercings near the lips, so it has some pros and cons also. Thus, here we are giving you some pros and cons of this piercing which you should know.
- We already mentioned in the post that this piercing combines the two hottest lip piercings together, you can be certain that would look gorgeous as well as sexy. Such type of piercing would surely add some extra element or spice to your image.
- This piercing gives a wide room for imagination, as you are free to try diverse combos and jewelry too. For instance, nasal septum with angel bites makes your look rocky and cool.
- Keep in mind that for getting this piercing, you have to make two perforations. So, many times people are unable to tolerate the pain.
- If not done correctly, then there can be an infection, bleeding or soreness in the piercing area.
- Due to the pain, sometimes there is difficulty in eating or chewing the food.
- There are also chances that the inner side of the jewelry may lead to gum problems.
Like other piercings, this piercing is also done using hollow piercing needles. Even though the method may seem quite easy, we do not suggest it to perform it by yourself.
To get your piercing done safely and hygienically, you need to choose a professional studio. In such a way, you would be confident that all the instruments are correctly sanitized.
Both of the piercings are done in one session only, like when you get snakebites. A Different needle is used for each of the two piercings. First, the piercer will usually clean the area thoroughly. Then he will use a pen or marker for drawing dot or mark the place where the piercing will be done to guarantee precision and symmetry.
Then by using a clamp, he will secure the lip in the place. This helps make certain the incision is clean and the skin does not get ragged. After the client is happy or satisfied with the placement of the piercing.
He makes the hole by using a hollow needle in the direction from outside to inside. This will be done in a single motion. After that, he will put in a long size labret for the new piercing to keep sufficient space for swelling that may follow.
The procedure finishes up with inserting a tiny labret and getting the aftercare guidance. Hence, if done properly, the whole process will be over very quickly. It must not feel much worse than a rapid pinch!
How Much Does Angel Bite Piercing Cost?
Generally, the cost of this piercing might range from $30 to $80. The cost of it mainly depends on the pierce master or piercing studio you choose. Many piercing studios also offer a discounted rate if it is done along with other piercings.
Usually, the prices of angel bites piercing are as follows:
- United States: it is $50 to $80.
- Europe: it would cost from €45 to €90.
- United Kingdom: you can get it for £40 to £75.
How Much Does Angel Bite Piercing Hurt?
The Angel Bite Piercing is located on the upper lip which can be a sensitive area because of nerve endings. So, this kind of piercing might hurt more as compared to the lower lip piercings where fewer nerve endings are located.
Generally, on the pain scale, the pain level is measured as 5 points out of 10. The pain also depends largely on the individual characteristics and the thickness of tissue. It is very vital to remember that the pain is subjective and varies depending on the pain threshold 0f an individual.
Since the skin perforates, it will cause you some pain for sure but the intensity can be different for every person. Even though the puncture is performed quickly, in the next few days you might have your lip sore or swollen.
Angel Bite Piercing Healing And After Care
Usually, Angel bite piercing take up to 3 months to heal completely. The healing time can be simply reduced by performing proper aftercare. After every piercing, care is general advice that you get from a piercer. To help make the healing as quick and smooth as possible, you should simply follow these steps given below:
- You should clean the area around the piercing by using an anti-bacterial soap about two times in a day.
- Brush your teeth softly by using a toothbrush that has soft bristles.
- For at least one minute, rinse your mouth from inside with the saline water.
- With a warm saltwater solution, compress the outer side of the perforation by using a cotton ball twice for at least 2 minutes to quicken the process of healing.
- While chewing food, be slow and careful as chewing fast might hurt you.
- Do not fiddle or play with the piercing and touch it with clean hands only.
- If you don’t want to prepare a saline solution then use piercing aftercare spray.
- Have cold foods such as ice cream and chilled milk for reducing swelling.
Tips To Keep In Mind While Healing
You must keep in mind that there are some things to avoid during your Angel Bite Piercing healing. These are as follows:
- Do not drink or eat anything for 3 hours after your piercing is done.
- Don’t touch piercing with unclean hands.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and cut down on caffeine as these substances could increase the swelling
- Don’t touch jewelry unnecessarily until you are sure that the wound is healed because it can result in a scar.
- Do not swim in rivers, public swimming pools or lakes to avoid bacteria getting into the wound.
- During the first months of healing try to reduce oral contacts not to irritate the piercing.
- You should not over clean the pierced area, because it can hurt the damaged lip tissue.
Angel Bite Piercing Risks
You have to consider some risks that might appear due to the Angel Bite Piercing. So, some of them are given below:
- The most common threat to this piercing is an infection. Thus, you must take care of a fresh wound and do the cleaning routine regularly.
- There are lots of chances that any tissue damage can leave a scar. So, in the future, if you want to take away your piercing, consider getting small studs as a substitute for longer bars.
- Each body has its limits, so it can, without doubt, reject external intervention. So, it is better to select the jewelry made of gold, silver or surgical steel.
- As you know, in this piercing, the part of the jewelry is located inside of your mouth, so it can also damage teeth or gums. If you want to avoid this, then use smaller and suitable jewelry.
Angel Bite Piercing Images
The perfect jewelry for the angel bite piercing is pretty and small labret studs. We also recommended wearing labrets during the healing time for avoiding infection and irritation. But, on the other hand, if you want to get a cool rocky style, you can use shiny long barbells. You should wear high-quality jewelry such as gold or silver.
You should definitely go for this piercing if you like the way it looks and thinks it would suit your face. Always go for a professional piercer, look after your piercing well and wear the precise jewelry. So, after all the painful process you have gone through you will be glad when you are left with a unique and edgy angel bite piercing.