A lip piercing is a sort of body piercing that goes through the lips or the area surrounding the lips, which can be pierced in various ways. In many parts of the world, lip piercings are a common practice. So, in this post, we are going to discuss Jestrum Piercing.
Jestrum Piercing is one of the famous lip piercing and is highly reckoned among teenagers. It reflects an intelligence of individual style and is considered as a painful piercing. This piercing is different from the double medusa and is also known as Vertical Medusa Piercing.
What is a Jestrum Piercing?
The Jestrum Piercing mainly involves perforating the philtrum area vertically so that the barbel protrudes out of the skin tow times and allows two studs to sit on top of each other. It is directly placed under the nasal septum. This type of piercing uses a curved barbell and both ends of the piercing can be seen externally with the lower part of the bar-bell curving around the bottom of the upper lip. It creates a double pierced look having two existing spots and makes you stand out of the crowd.
Pros And Cons Of Jestrum Piercing
If you are the one who is going to have this piercing, then before it, you must consider some pros and cons. So, here we are giving you some pros and cons of Jestrum Piercing.
- As we already told you, that this piercing has two noticeable exit spots, so you can try cute barbells and beautiful jewelry based on your personal preferences. The jewelry is affordable also; titanium barbells are usually $40 or less and stainless steel barbells are around $10.
- It surely brings you to the spotlight and catches the attention of viewers. If you want a rocky and cool look then you must go for this.
- It is a way to express yourself that you are comfortable in your skin. For many people, it is an expression of independence than something else.
- Sometimes, people having tiny or thin lips get this piercing done. But this piercing is not for thin lips. People having thick lips should go for it because it requires enough space for jewelry to go through the tissue.
- It is very important to make certain that the placement of the jewelry is correctly marked. In case, placement is not marked in the correct way, then it can affect the symmetry of the face.
- For your new lip piercing, you must take proper care of it, otherwise, it can create infection such as lip swelling, gum and tooth erosion and many more.
For Jestrum Piercing, you should visit a piercing done. As the process of this piercing is quite complicated, so you must search for a reputed studio instead of trying it at home. Finding an experienced piercer is very important for this piercing as it requires double perforation very accurately.
You must make sure that your piercing master sanitizes all the instruments in a proper way as well as marks the hole spots correctly. The upper lip tissue must be fixed by using a clamp and perforation is done by a special hollow needle. After that, the primary jewelry is inserted carefully. The last step is to get appropriate aftercare instructions from your piercer.
Moreover, the significance of the placement being correct is even higher than with a more normal upper lip piercing, as both holes have to be aligned for avoiding the piercing looking off-center.
How Much Does Jestrum Piercing Cost?
You can expect to pay approximately $30 to $70 for the jestrum piercing. As placement is so important, you should find a piercer who is experienced in Jestrum Piercing.
Before you make an appointment, it’s a good idea to inspect your piercer. Their studio should be clean; their tools should come in sealed packages that they open in front of you. They must be able to show you examples of past work. If they don’t test off all of these boxes, then you must find another piercer.
- Apart from this, in the United States, you can get this for $30 – $60.
- In Europe, you would get this piercing for €15 to €40.
- In the United Kingdom, the cost would be £20 to £50.
How Much Does Jestrum Piercing Hurt?
During the early procedure of piercing, it is common to expect pain for some seconds. On the pain scale, Jestrum piercing pain is considered to be 5 out of 10. According to many people, it will hurt more as compared to get your lobe pierced but less than piercing your cartilage.
The level of pain also depends on your health condition, mood during the procedure and other factors. Hence, it is worth bearing in mind everybody experiences pain in a different way, so this ‘pain rating’ is merely anecdotal.
As compared to other traditional piercings, one would experience more discomfort in this piercing. So, it is recommended to be relaxed as well as positive during the procedure.
In addition to this, the level of pain you feel also depends on the piercer. Proficient piercer will know very well that how to perform the process in the least painful method possible.
If you are the one who gets nervous or has a low pain tolerance then you must find a piercer who can make you feel comfortable and make your experience simpler.
Normal bleeding and swelling are expected after this piercing. If you experience any unusual levels of pain or discomfort, then it is vital to seek medical attention without delay.
Jestrum Piercing Healing And After Care
It takes around 6 months for the inner part to heal completely. For the outer part, it takes approximately 6 – 12 weeks. It means the outer part of your piercing will heal before as compared to the inside part. This is so because piercing goes through thicker flesh and takes much time to heal.
During the healing period, you must be careful with your jewelry also. it is recommended that you must ask your piercer before stopping aftercare practices. Jestrum piercings are liable to the same issues of any lip piercing.
During the initial healing, the piercing area would be fairly sensitive. It can even become sore, red and swollen. So, many people want to reduce the healing time. The two main things that you need to watch out for are snagging the new jewelry and your oral hygiene.
Therefore, we are giving you some rules or tips which you should follow as aftercare rules so that you can decrease the healing time. These are as follows:
- Don’t remove initial barbell till your piercing is healed.
- Conduct a saline or sea salt or soak two to three times daily. This is used to avoiding infection.
- For staying away from bacteria and dirt wash your clothes and hands regularly.
- After every meal, you should brush your teeth and gargle with saltwater.
- Suck a piece of ice to reduce the painful feelings.
- Use piercing aftercare spray for reducing pain.
Tips To Keep In Mind While Healing
We are giving you some certain tips to avoid while healing. These are as follows:
- Until your piercing is healed totally you should not swim in rivers, lakes or swimming pools.
- On the pierced lip tissue do not apply lipstick.
- Don’t move lips too much in the first few weeks of the piercing.
- Avoid eating spicy food and drinking alcohol as it can hurt the area of the piercing.
Jestrum Piercing Risks
There are some risks that are involved in Jestrum Piercing which you have to aware of. These are mentioned below:
- If the aftercare rules mentioned above carefully, then the risks of infection relatively increases and can also create some serious problems.
- There are some chronic health issues to consider with this type of piercing.
- Inside piece of jewelry may damage your upper teeth and gum if you will continually move your lips or eat food faster.
- If you will play regularly with your jewelry then there is a risk of getting a scar. So you should not touch the jewelry.
Jestrum Piercing Images
The jestrum piercing is mainly suited to a curved barbell, although there is some flexibility within this area. The choices mainly include gold, black and silver barbell. In the piercing process, usually 1.2mm/16 gauge jewelry is used.
Once the piercing has fully healed then as per your preference you can wear smaller or larger jewelry. Also, refrain from twisting the piercing at all to avoid any infections.
In order to protect your health, you should strictly follow the precautions or aftercare rules given above in the post. This lip piercing is widely chosen by those who want to have a modern and chic look and can tolerate the pain as well.
Besides, we hope through this post, you will get all the answers regarding jestrum piercing. If in case, still, you have some queries related to this piercing then feel free to ask us through your comments.