Many of the piercing trends that surfaced many years ago are still popular today. With various types of piercings, people to have a modern, cool and stylish look. Various fashion icons and celebrities are all opting for Auricle Piercing as well as other piercings. This piercing enhances your beauty and makes you stand out of the crowd.
Many piercers will recommend special types of jewelry concerning the type of piercing performed. If you are the one who is planning to go for auricle piercing, then this post is for you. Here we are giving you meaning you meaning and ultimate guide of Auricle Piercing.
What is an Auricle Piercing?
Auricle piercing as the name suggests is a perforation of the auricle part of your ear, which is an outer part. This part lies between the helix and earlobe of an ear. The auricle is one of the best as well as perfect spots on the body for flaunting stylish and fancy rings. This is why this type of piercing has become popular amongst youngsters and has become a stylish trend also.
On the other hand, many people choose to get this piercing according to their interests or choices. In this piercing, there are main two variations. One is double auricle piercing and another is triple piercing. In double auricle piercing, there are two perforations that exist on the auricle. In triple piercing, the three piercings are done. This type of auricle piercing takes more time to heal due to the three piercings but it looks very attractive and eye-catching.
Pros and Cons of Auricle Piercing
Are you confused between getting this fashionable trend or not? Well, various people all around the world go for this Auricle Piercing and it looks fantastic. If done by an experienced pierce master correctly then you won’t have any doubts after. But, when it is not done accurately then there can be various issues even though they are minimal. So, for helping you in making the decision, we are giving you some pros and cons of Auricle Piercing. These are as follows:
- It is a good way to express yourself in terms of style.
- This piercing looks very nice and has fashion appeal.
- It does not take much time for healing as compared to lip piercings.
- The piercing process is quick.
- It has an option, that if you don’t need it then you can take out the jewelry and simply allow the hole to heal effectively.
- Auricle ear piercings remain popular due to their less healing time, can be maintained easily, low price and have less chance of infection as compared to the other facial or lip piercings.
- Sometimes, the piercer could mess up.
- It can be infected if proper care has not been done.
- It also causes allergy sometimes due to the jewelry. So, people who are allergic to jewelry or some metals should avoid this piercing.
If you are going to get this piercing done, then it is very important for you to first choose a licensed parlour that is authorized for doing piercing – everything else comes after. Upon selecting the shop you must go to get piercing.
First, the piercer will surely help you get ready for the procedure by giving you all the details you need to know, how it is done and what are the results. Prior to starting the procedure, the piercer will clean and mark the spot where the piercing will be done.
Then, across the auricle, he will pass a sterilized gauge needle and insert the jewelry that is chosen by you. It is recommended that for Auricle piercing, piercing gun should not be used as it may not be hygienic enough.
How Much Does Auricle Piercing Cost?
The cost of Auricle Piercing varies from piercer to piercer. A highly experienced piercer will charge more as compared to the inexperienced piercer. Also, the price depends on the jewelry you choose. Ideally, most piercing studios charge less of this type of piercing.
Moreover, to get your piercing done from an experienced piercer it will cost approximately:
- In the United States of America, it will cost between $30 to $50.
- If you get your piercing in Europe then you will have to pay £18 to £25.
- In the United Kingdom, it is between £18 to £25.
How Much Does Auricle Piercing Hurt?
This piercing is a cartilage piercing and people who have a low tolerance for pain might feel the pain as compared to the others. On the pain scale, it is about 3 out of 10 as the needle has to pass through the cartilage of the ear. Though, the whole procedure depends on the expertise and skills of the artist performing the piercing process. During piercing, it bleeds a bit, but there is no need to worry.
The process involves piercing the cartilage, so, many people feel at least some pain, particularly if they have a low tolerance for pain. In various cases, bleeding, mild swelling, soreness and bruising around the piercing spot is experienced, while it disappears in one or two weeks. Thus, the determining factor on the level of pain mainly relies on the type of technique used by the piercer when piercing. Overall, it is one of the least painful piercings.
Auricle Piercing Healing and After Care
After the procedure, despite the pain stops 1 to 2 weeks, complete healing of the spot could take about 3 to 9 months. During this period, one should proper care for avoiding developing infections which may necessitate treatment to stop further complications.
- Clean the area regularly with a sterilized cotton ball and warm saline water for checking the occurrence of pus as well as kills bacteria through the process of exosmosis.
- During a shower, use only mild soap when rinsing the spot.
- Include a nutritious diet and add stuff such as yogurt in your food.
- On the pierced area, apply some oil or ointment at regular intervals as it will help in its proper lubrication and also lessen the chances of infection because the oil inhibits bacterial growth.
- You should properly maintain hygiene by changing bed as well as pillow covers regularly.
- To dry the piercing area it is suggested to sue hygienic paper product.
- Turmeric has outstanding medicinal properties. Having anti-inflammatory properties and being an antiseptic it reduces the probability of infection in the affected area. You can either chew it directly or apply it by making a paste of the powder and BY adding up rose water or regular clean water to it.
Tips to Keep In Mind While Healing
The time of healing may vary from a person to another, usually; it takes 3 to 6 months for the healing process. The time reduces if you take proper care and maintains hygiene. So, below we are giving you some points that you must avoid while healing periods of this piercing.
- You should avoid spraying the pierced spot with sprays.
- Avoid mounting pressure on the ear because this implies that you must improvise your sleeping style for avoiding applying pressure to the pierced spot.
- Don’t move or touch jewelry often.
- Do not expose the piercing area to any type of ointment, lotion or any cosmetic products.
- Avoid going for swimming till the piercing wound has not healed properly, else it can cause infections.
- Until the piercing has healed completely, do not change the jewelry.
- Do not drink alcohol or eat spicy food that can cause sensations in the pierced area.
- Don’t touch the area very frequently or with dirty hands as it can source infection due to germs.
Auricle Piercing Risks
Certain risks that are involved with Auricle Piercing are as follows:
- If the needle used for piercing is not sterilized properly then it can cause infections.
- People who are allergic to some jewelry metals can feel itchy with this piercing.
- Redness, as well as Inflammation, can be there.
- Continue discharge of foul-smelling yellow fluid or pus, if the piercing is not suited for you.
- Swelling and Soreness can be there for many days.
Auricle Piercing Images
In different cultures, Body piercing has always been around as a personal way to express one’s selves. It has always been popular, be it worn as a fashion style statement, rebellion sign or just a cultural tradition.
For Auricle piercing, most of the piercers recommend special types of jewelry. So, for Auricle piercing, captive rings are amongst the best jewelry. Other jewelry items that are widely recommended mainly include conch pin, labret studs, circular barbell, and industrial barbell also.
So, if you are planning to try something different and want to make a stale statement amongst your friends then auricle piercing is one of the modern options you can go for. Thus, we hope that in this post, you will get details about this piercing and now you can make the decision to get this piercing or not by considering all the important factors.