In recent years, piercing has made a comeback. Various types of lip piercings have been revived from the ‘90s as a simple but cool fashion statement. Ashley Piercing is one of the popular forms of lip piercing and is highly preferred by teenage girls all over the world.
You should take proper care of lip piercings otherwise it can cause serious infections also. The jewelry that you wear can also cause problems with your gums and teeth. So, going for this piercing you must think read this post in which we have all important details regarding Ashley Piercing.
What is an Ashley Piercing?
Ashley piercing mainly consists of a single puncture through the center of the lower lip and its exits through the back of the lip into the mouth. It is a type of labret piercing and technically known as converse vertical labret piercing. The exit puncture in the mouth makes a clear difference in the two piercing types, both aesthetically and in terms of oral health also.
This piercing, however, within the mouth, includes a puncture point, which means that the viewer will only see the front end of the ball or jewelry and the backing will rest inside your mouth will not be visible. It usually uses a labret stud with a gemstone or ball sitting on the lower lip.
Pros And Cons Of Ashley Piercing
Before, deciding to get this piercing you must know its pros and cons. So, here we are giving you some pros and cons of Ashley Piercing.
- You can combine it with other facial piercings also such as a nasal septum or Monroe piercing on the upper lip.
- To highlight your lips, you can go for this piercing. As in this piercing one spot is noticeable which gives your face an amazing look.
- It is considered as one of the sexiest piercing and when you wear a sparkly barbell with a dark color lipstick it looks very sexy.
- If you will not go to experience piercers then it may cause several problems for you. An experienced will be able to find a correct place for the piercing. Incorrect placement of jewelry will look odd and can also affect the natural movement of gum. So, finding an accurate place for this piercing is very important.
- It is advised that you should take proper care after getting this piercing done. If you will be not serious about caring it then it may cause various problems such as lip swelling, irritation, tooth erosion and many more.
- If you are the one who can bear pain then only you should go for. As compared to other piercings, this is very painful because it goes through the large of your lip tissue. So, before getting it pierced be sure that you can bear the pain easily.
- Sometimes, the healing process can take the longest time up to several months.
Similar to various other piercing procedures, the procedure for Ashley piercing begins. Sterilizing instruments are used to avoid infections. You should visit a highly experienced piercer so that he can carefully choose the piercing placement.
If it is not done carefully then in the future it can influence the movement of your lips. After finding accurate entry and exit spots piercer by using a surgical pen will make them out.
Then, the lip would be fixed with a clamp and using 14 gauges Needle it will be perforated in the direction from the outside to inside. After that, small jewelry is inserted. Finally, this lip piercing has been done.
Moreover, you must ask or look that the piercer sanitizes all the instruments properly. Ask your piercer aftercare rules of this piercing, so that you don’t face any complications in the future.
How Much Does Ashley Piercing Cost?
For Ashley piercing, you can expect to pay approximately $40 and $85. You should choose a professional and experienced piercer for it and of course, an established piercer will take high-amount.
You should also select jewelry made of high-quality materials such as 14k gold or silver. Low-quality metals can lead to messy complications and reject by your body.
- Besides, in the United States, the cost of this piercing is $40 to $55.
- In Europe, it would cost approximately €30 to €55.
- In the United Kingdom, you can get this pierced for £25 to £60.
How Much Does Ashley Piercing Hurt?
Amongst various piercings, Ashley Piercing is considered as one of the most painful piercing. On the pain scale, the level reaches about 5 points out of 10. The reason behind high points is the location of this piercing which is the center of the lower lip.
Many people who have been pierced before reported widely that this piercing is one of the most painful lip piercings. To get this piercing, the piercer pushes a needle into the bottom lip and mouth horizontally.
As there are a large number of nerve endings and it goes straight through the lip, you can feel much pain as compared to other piercings. It is not all recommended for those people who have a low tolerance to pain because the pain is swift and sharp.
On the other hand, using painkillers like Ibuprofen can reduce the pain due to this piercing. Besides, it is suggested to stay positive and think about the gorgeous piercing which you would have in the result.
Ashley Piercing Healing And After Care
The basic healing time of this piercing is about 3 to 4 months if one follows aftercare rules properly. If you will do proper cleaning then the healing process of both inside and the outer area will surely end after 6 months.
In this piercing, the perforation hurts larger so sometimes is pain very much and also takes more time to heal. Therefore, you should strictly follow the aftercare rules, which are mentioned below for reducing the healing time effectively.
- Maintain oral hygiene properly and always make sure that your phone or clothes that can touch your piercing are neat and clean.
- To clean the inside area of piercing before and after going to sleep rinse the mouth by using a saline solution.
- You must also use the DIY sea salt mixture to speed up the healing process as it is considered as one of the most effective products for healing.
- If there is extreme soreness or bleeding, then it is recommended that you should visit a doctor immediately.
- Don’t play with the jewelry at all. As it can lead to various issues such as stretched puncture holes, hypertrophic scarring and many more.
- When you will use antibacterial soap or cleanser, leave it for not more than half a minute and then rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Eat cold food like ice cream and out ice in mouth, as this helps in reducing the swelling.
Tips To Keep In Mind While Healing
Things that you should avoid while the healing process of this piercing are as follows:
- You must not remove the jewelry till your perforation is healed totally.
- Avoid using lipsticks to the pierced area until the piercing has fully healed, or ask your pierce master whether you can use it or not.
- While brushing your teeth or eating you must be extra careful so that by mistake you don’t hurt it at all.
- To protect the piercing from infections don’t swim in public areas as it can get into the wound.
- Also, avoid using alcohol for cleaning the pierced area.
Ashley Piercing Risks
Every type of piercing, especially Ashley Piercing involves some risks. Before opting for this piercing you must be well aware of all the risks and then make your decision to get pierced or not. Thus, some of the risks that you must consider before getting this piercing are mentioned below:
- You must select labrets made of gold, silver or surgical steel to be first jewelry for your lower lip. Many times body does not accept low-cost metals and can irritation also.
- Opt for small or tiny jewelry, in case, you would select a big piece of jewelry then it can widen your skin and leave a scar.
- There can also be tooth scrambling or gum erosion, so you must well aware of it.
- There can also be yellow discharge from the piercing which is a sign of infection.
Ashley Piercing Images
Piercings can be super addictive particularly when you see the gorgeous jewelry worn by others. While choosing the jewelry for Ashley Piercing you must take care of the size and metal so that it doesn’t cause any type of irritation. While some select larger gemstones, daintier labret stud ends are less persistent and give a cute aesthetic.
If you have oral issues or weak enamel, then you must avoid this piercing. Always choose an established piercer that you trust so that all goes well. Apart from this, hopefully, this ultimate guide regarding Ashley Piercing will help you in making a decision to get pierced or not.