Many people in this world are crazy about piercing. There are various types or forms of piercing such as Lip piercing, facial piercing, ear piercing, nose piercing and many more. So, you can choose piercings as per your choice. In this post, we are giving you an ultimate guide of Septril Piercing. In this guide, you will find all the answers regarding this famous piercing.
After the earlobe piercing, the second most popular piercing is nose piercing. Nose piercing is a kind of piercing that may or may not engage cartilage or skin on any part of the nose. There are various variations of this piercing and one of the popular variations is Septril Piercing. In recent times, this piercing has gained popularity. So, why not try this stylish nose piercing?
What is a Septril Piercing?
Septril Piercing is also known as septum tunnel piercing, nose tip piercing, and jungle piercing. As compared to other nose piercings, this piercing is a bit more complicated. This is a combination of the septum as well as the rhino piercing.
Placing it depends mainly on the bone structure of the person and septal cartilage. So, this piercing is one of those nose piercing that requires expertise, pain and time to heal.
One can get this piercing if they already had a gauged septum piercing. It goes through that and exit at the tip of the nose. This is not something that you can do on a whim and it can take several years and is a painful piercing.
Pros and Cons of Septril Piercing
Over the past few years, this piercing has gained popularity and has become a desirable piercing. So, if you going to plan to get this piercing you should know some of its pros and cons. Given below are the pros and cons of Septril Piercing.
- This type of nose piercing looks very fashionable and makes you stand out of the crowd.
- It catches the attention of everyone and makes you receive various compliments.
- Different from normal nose piercing, this piercing shows a style statement and gives you a sexy look.
- It changes your look completely and gives a sign that you want something unique in your life or says a lot about your personality traits.
- This nose piercing hurts a lot as compared to other piercings.
- Many times, there are chances of getting an infection if proper care is not done.
- It can also bleed or swell if not pierced properly.
- Chances of getting a strange bump on a nose are high, particularly around the area which is pierced.
- Redness on the nose that does not go away quickly.
- Problem in eating food, as sometimes it can pain a lot.
The process of Septril piercing sometimes involves internal skin and can be more painful in comparison to other piercings. So, make sure you have optimum care. Before going for this piercing, you must find a highly experienced piercer who has before experienced in this piercing.
To have a septril pierced, there should already be an existing standard septum piercing that has been properly stretched. It must be stretched usually o at least 8mm or a standard 0 gauge.
The first thing your piercer should do is put on sterile gloves. Then, marking will be made for determining the placement. After this, through the septum, a needle will be passed, mainly from inside and exiting on the tip of the nose.
Finally, jewelry will be inserted and secured. Apart from this, one of the safest tools traditionally used for piercing is a hollow needle, not a piercing gun. As this piercing is very sensitive, so piercing guns can cause tissue damage.
How Much Does Septril Piercing Cost?
The price of nose piercing mainly depends on the piercer, how experience he is or how costly the studio piercing is. Generally, this piercing will cost around $50 to $100. It is recommended that you should opt for a costly piercer because they will exactly do all the procedure.
The amount of piercing will also include a piece of starter jewelry that you chose to wear but if you want fancier jewelry then the price can go higher. For instance, if you would like to wear gold jewelry then it would cost more as compared to the silver nose ring.
On the other hand, the basic procedure is fairly reasonably priced the overall cost can get much costlier if you don’t take care of your piercing. If your piercing gets infected, then you have to visit the doctor and take antibiotics and the price will go higher. Hence, the best way to trim the price of your piercing is by following all the aftercare rules properly which are given below in the post.
How Much Does Septril Piercing Hurt?
For every type of nose piercing the level of pain varies. As compared to other piercing reportedly Septril Piercing is a very uncomfortable experience. On the pain scale, it generally has 9 points out of 10. So, you can have an idea now how much this piercing hurts.
Moreover, it is worth bearing in mind that everybody experiences pain differently, have different tolerance to it, so this ‘pain rating’ is anecdotal to some extent. If you experience any discomfort or abnormal levels of pain so it is very important to seek medical attention right away.
Septril Piercing Healing And After Care
Everyone’s healing time may vary but for this piercing generally, it takes 4-6 months to heal fully. As with any piercing, it is very vital to maintain good standards of hygiene and to have a strict aftercare routine for avoiding any type of infection. Here, we are giving you some aftercare rules that you must follow strictly.
- Before touching the pierced area you should wash your hands thoroughly using hand wash or antiseptic soap.
- If you have oily skin then use a cotton pad or clean towel to wipe your nose area gently so it doesn’t irritate the piercing at all. You can also use a cotton ball soaked in saline to clean the area gently.
- Moisturize your nose piercing with a mixture of tea tree oil and coconut oil.
- Change your bedding regularly to avoid any chances of infections.
- Select the lightest, best jewelry for this piercing type that is recommended by a trained professional.
- Use readymade piercing aftercare sprays or solutions which are specially created to help heal your piercing as quickly and capably as possible.
Tips To Keep In Mind While Healing
The healing time of Septril Piercing mainly depends on the state of the fistula before piercing and the healing of this piercing may be slightly extended. So, here we are giving you some points to avoid during the healing process.
- Don’t apply any skincare products near the area of piercing because they can cause inflammation to the piercing.
- Avoid excessive or vigorous nose blowing, take care when blowing your nose because it can irritate your piercing and even dislodge the jewelry.
- Make sure the puncture area on the nose is healed fully before changing your jewelry.
- Do not over clean the piercing.
- Avoid playing with the jewelry, because this can spread bacteria.
- Eat slowly, as Septril piercing is located at the tip of the nose, so it can affect it and you can feel the pain.
- Don’t rub at your face with a towel, since this can cause irritation or catch on your jewelry. As an alternative, softly dab your face and wherever possible, let the area dry on its own.
- Do not eliminate crust formations and rotate jewelry.
Septril Piercing Risks
Some of the Septril Piercing risks are as follows:
- In some cases, nose piercings may develop an infection due to improper care.
- Bleeding and soreness can also be there.
- If the piercing is done improperly by pierce master then it can cause a lot of unbearable pain and will not heal at all.
- The wrong piercing instruments, such as piercing gun can cause many complications and infections.
- Allergic reactions can be there due to the jewelry, especially with nickel jewelry.
- Granulomas can form when the tissue near the pierced area keeps increasing in size.
Septril Piercing Images
For the Septril Piercing jewelry may vary depending partly on individual anatomy. As there are so many options available, for the most part, the septril is worn with stud way jewelry with a flat back or tiny curved barbells. Many people also prefer to wear custom tunnels or eyelets in the stretched portion of the septum, so you can also go for it.
Thus, Septril Piercing is painful but with the time the pain would decrease. If the pain or irritation is constant, your doctor can decide if you have an infection and help you treat it correctly. Moreover, hopefully, this guide will help you in knowing all about Septril Piercing. For any queries, you can comment us below in the comment box.